Caption the Action Contest
Sponsored by The North Face
Reply to @TNFParkandPipe or @thenorthface on Twitter with the most creative caption using #PPOS for the photo above and enter to win a sweet hoodie by The North Face. The contest ends after the airing of the Copper Mountain PPOS on CBS Sports Dec. 23, 2012 at 1pm EST.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Terms & Conditions
1. Who Can Enter? Open to legal U.S. residents, 13 or older. (If a minor, the consent of parent/legal guardian is required). Persons who live outside the U.S. or persons who are employees of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies or any entity associated with The North Face Park and Pipe Open Series or GrindMedia, LLC CANNOT enter or win the prize in the Contest. Void where prohibited. Participation subject to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s/Judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
2. How To Enter. Follow on Twitter (a) The North Face Park and Pipe Open Series (@TNFParkandPipe) OR (b) The North Face (@thenorthface). On Sunday 12/9 sometime after 2:30 p.m. PT (the conclusion of the 2012 The North Face Park and Pipe Open Series at Copper Mountain), a photo taken at the 2012 The North Face Park and Pipe Open Series at Copper Mountain will be posted to (i.e., tweeted on) both of the indicated Twitter pages. Reply to the tweet with an original caption to the posted photo tweet. Tweet must contain the hashtag #PPOS. All entries (tweets with original caption) must be received by 12/23/2012 at 11:59 pm PT.
3. Entry Requirements. There is a limit of (10) entries per person, provided that each caption submitted is materially different from captions previously submitted by such person; and, a given person may only use (1) Twitter account to participate in the Contest. In addition, do not tweet the same caption to both Twitter pages. Violation of these limits will result in disqualification. Tweet cannot include links or attachments. CAPTIONS MUST BE SOLELY THE ORIGINAL WORK OF ENTRANT; DO NOT COPY THE WORKS OF 3RD PARTIES. In addition, captions are invalid (and entries including same) are void, if as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, caption includes any material that: (a) may infringe or violate the rights of any 3rd party (includes naming third parties without their prior written consent); (b) is inappropriate, offensive or unfit for publication (includes obscenities and hate speech); (c) is intended to promote or advertise any cause or concern other than the Contest itself; or (d) has been previously published or won an award in any contest or competition. Subject to Sponsor’s receipt of any required permissions from Twitter, Inc., Sponsor will remove any captions which are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to include any violative content. ALL TWEETS REFLECT SOLELY THE OPINIONS OF INDIVIDUALS POSTING SAME, NOT THE OPINIONS OF THE NORTH FACE/A DIVISION OF VF OUTDOOR, INC. THE NORTH FACE/A DIVISION OF VF OUTDOOR, INC. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT OF ANY TWEET. Use of automated means of participation will result in disqualification. Any dispute as to the identity of prize winner will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion, based on the identity of the person who is the registered owner of the Twitter account used to participate in the Contest.
4. Sponsor’s Rights in Tweet. Subject to any rights to entrant’s tweet that may be retained by Twitter, Inc. as per its Terms of Service, entrant (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such tweet, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any lawful purpose. Entrant (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) understands and agrees that he/she will not receive any compensation and may not receive any attribution in conjunction with the preceding grant of rights. Entrant (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) further waives any moral rights of authors or similar rights that he/she may have in his/her tweet. Entrant (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) further agrees, upon Sponsor’s request and without compensation, to sign any documentation that may be required by Sponsor so as to record, perfect or effect the preceding grant of rights.
5. Selection of Winner. All eligible captions will be judged by an expert judging panel on or about 12/27/2012 based on the following criteria: (a) creativity and (b) ability to capture the positive spirit of freeskiing. The judging panel will take into account the ages of entrants in selecting the winner. The entrant whose caption has the top score in the judging is the potential winner. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose caption had the higher/highest score in ability to capture the positive spirit of free-skiing will be deemed to be the potential winner. Potential winner will be notified via direct message on Twitter. Be sure that your Twitter privacy settings allow for @TNFParkandPipe to contact you via direct message. If the winner cannot be contacted for any reason or fails to respond to direct message from the applicable Twitter page within (24) hours of receipt with his/her name and complete mailing address (in the U.S.) for prize shipment, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit prize. Sponsor may also require winner to sign and return a prize acceptance form as a pre-condition to receipt of prize; and, failure to do so will result in disqualification and prize forfeiture. In case of prize forfeiture, an alternate potential winner will be selected by the judging panel as set forth above.
6. Prize/Approx. Retail Value (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1, top-scoring caption) – The North Face hoodie. ARV: $60. Color, style and size of hoodie are subject to availability. The winning caption may be published on-line and/or in other media along with the photo, but neither Sponsor nor any other of the “Released Parties” (see Rule 7 below) has any obligation to do so; but, should Sponsor choose to publish the winning caption, as between Sponsor and prize winner, Sponsor shall control any and all aspects of such publication, nor will winner be notified or pre-approve such publication beforehand. If won by a minor, Sponsor may award prize to or in the name of winner’s parent or legal guardian. No prize substitution except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability for any reason and then for prize of equal value. No prize transfer. Taxes (if any) and unspecified expenses in conjunction with prize acceptance/use are prize winner’s sole responsibility.
7. General Restrictions. Compliance with all rules and regulations of using Twitter is required at all times. Where legal, by accepting prize, winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees (and will confirm in writing upon request) to use of his/her name and image for advertising/publicity/trade purposes by Sponsor and its designees without further compensation or notice. By participating, entrant (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries, and the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders and employees of any of the above organizations (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from Contest. (This includes but is not limited to any liability of Sponsor or any other of the Released Parties based on creation and/or use of any materials that could be construed as being similar to an entrant’s caption/tweet/entry or for the possible publication of winning caption, under any legal theory.) Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for Contest. Sponsor not responsible for late, lost, garbled, incomplete, corrupted, misdirected, delayed or damaged captions/tweets/entries, which are void; for technological, programming, electronic, filtering by Twitter functionality or other error/malfunction/failure of any kind. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. Tampering with Contest in any manner will result in disqualification from the Contest and Sponsor may otherwise seek to protect its rights to the full extent allowed by law. If Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that Contest cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any cause beyond its control (e.g., computer virus/bug, tampering, fraud), Sponsor may cancel, modify or suspend the Contest and award the prize in a manner that Sponsor in its sole discretion determines is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action will be posted @thenorthface and @TNFParkandPipe, as well as on www.TheNorthFacePPOS.com. Any and all disputes regarding Contest or these Official Rules shall be governed by the internal, substantive law of the State of California. Any action must be brought individually (NOT as part of a class action) in federal or state court in Alameda County, California and, in any such action, a person is only entitled to recover actual costs involved in participating in the Contest (if any), with all rights to attorneys’ fees and any and all damages (including special, punitive, consequential damages) being expressly waived.
8. Winner’s List. The Twitter account name of the winner will be posted @thenorthface, and/or @TNFParkandPipe and/or on www.TheNorthFacePPOS.com after prize award.
**NOT SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY TWITTER, INC.By Sydnie Foust in NEWS Comments Off